Missing lib

Björn König bjoern.koenig at spray.se
Tue Dec 27 12:57:16 PST 2005

scuba at centroin.com.br schrieb:
> Hi all,
>

>     My system (FBSD 5.4, Xorg, Gnome2), started to show the following
> message.
>
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libexif.so.10" not found, required
> by "nautilus"
>
>     I indeed, could not find libexif.so.10.
>     How can I fix that?

There are several ways how this could happen, but I don't want to
speculate about the reasons. I guess you have installed nautilus 2.10
and a newer or older version of libexif.

Make sure that you have either latest versions of both pieces of
software, i.e. libexif 0.6.12_1 and nautilus2 2.12.2, or install both as
packages from the same source FTP directory.

If you are still unsure then show "pkg_version -v".

Regards
Björn