Memory upgrade and resizing the /swap partition ...

Kiffin Gish kiffin.gish at planet.nl
Tue Dec 27 03:35:17 PST 2005

I just upgraded my laptop from 512MB to 1024MB memory.

It is said that the /swap partition has to be at least as much as the maximum available memory, but my current value is still based on the old 512MB size.

Can I increase the size of the existing swap partition or do I have to create a new one? If I have to create a new one, how do I do this and how can I reclaim the unused old swap area?

Thanks alot in advance.