make buildworld

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Mon Dec 26 23:50:00 PST 2005

I am upgrading a server to 6.0 and encountered an error in make
buildworld.  However, I don't know what the error was as I piped
stdout to a file, but not stderr.  It was fairly near the end so I
really hate to restart from the beginning again.  The master server
is a fairly slow machine.  When  something like this happens, is
there a way to restart the make where it died?  Is there an easy way
to build the specific module that failed to get the complete errors?
In this case the module was /usr/libexec/telnet.  I went to /usr/src/
libexec/telnet and did a make.  It completed without any problems.
So, I ended up restarting the make from the top again, but would like
to know for future situations.  Thanks.