pthread problems and ports on fresh 6.0 install

Micah micahjon at ywave.com
Mon Dec 26 09:43:09 PST 2005

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Micah <micahjon at ywave.com> writes:
>

>>I wrote in a few days ago about gpgme not compiling.  It had an error
>>about several pthread_* functions.  I got around it by installing from
>>packages.  Now I can't compile multimedia/gstreamer from ports for the
>>same reason. (Error below).  I'm not sure what to do, or even what the
>>problem is...  Any help in tracking the problem down is appreciated.
>>
>>I'm running FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE i386 with the generic kernel installed
>>off CD.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Micah
>>

> How did you install the ports?  Are they up-to-date?  Are there maybe
> some stale files in that particular port directory?

The ports tree was installed by copying the ports tree from a working
5.4 install then cvsupping against cvsup5.FreeBSD.org.  There shouldn't
have been any stale files left behind.  After getting the error i tried
make clean && make build.... Several time in fact (yes, I know the
definition of insanity :)

I did manage to fix it, but the solution was a little drastic....  I
updated my ports tree again (by now it was a day or two old), tried the
broken ports again (still didn't work), upgraded the two ports that were
out of date (one was a libtool15).  I then did a portupgrade -Rrf
glib-2\* because one of the error messages made me think something was
wrong with glib.  That ended up rebuilding practically everything.
After that gstreamer and gpgme built and installed properly.  Just
looked at http://www.freshports.org/devel/libtool15/ - seems it was a
ports bug.  The rebuild-everything step probably wasn't necessary. :(

Later,
Micah