Desktop Note on FreeBSD?

Eric Kjeldergaard kjelderg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 06:32:33 PST 2005

On Monday 26 December 2005 23:18, Yuan Jue wrote:

> > > thanks for your reply. knotes does its work, but not that well as
> > > Rainlender. I mean its look and interface. can knote be transparent?
> >
> > Sure, kwin can make any application transparent.  It appears that knotes
> > on my system just magically is translucent, probably because it is a dock
> > window, but you can set this more specifically for knotes by setting
> > "window specific settings" for the window class knotes.  Hope this helps,
>
> I just found a software called gDesklets which I think is wonderful.
> you can find it in
> http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org/categories.php?func=gd_show_app&gd_app_id
>=191 it is a WeeklyCalendar. almost fulfill my demand

Ah, if you are after something like gdesklets, kde seems to have SuperKaramba
(ports deskutils/superkaramba) which embeds scripts into the desktop in
almost the same way.  Not sure if you are still looking for something
different or if you are satisfied with what you have now,

Eric

--
The signature is a location used to give a personalised feel to each E-mail
without having to personalise each E-mail.