Boot error

rajoor fbsd at aanet.com.au
Fri Dec 23 16:31:50 PST 2005

Gayn Winters wrote:

> [...]
Gayn & Giorgos,

I figured it out late last night. I used the install cd to enter "fixit"
mode. Mounting the hard drive failed with "operation not permitted"
message. "fsck" failed to complaining about no fstab. After googling I
finally found the "fsck_ffs -y /dev/ad0s1a" command which worked for me.
After that I could mount the hard disk. I made no changes and rebooted
the system and everything was back to normal.

Thanks for your input.

Ron