firefox 1.5 port

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Wed Dec 21 10:43:27 PST 2005

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 08:01 am, kalin mintchev wrote:
> > Have you tried going into the cairo directory in /usr/ports and
> > doing a make
> > deinstall and make reinstall?
>
>   yes...  i installed from source and passed that point now...
>   i just think that the purpose of the port system is to avoid
> stitching it all together from srcs...  specially a port as widely
> used and popular as firefox..

But that is why you use things like portupgrade or portmanage. You have
dependancies and sometimes, not all of the time, they have to be
updated before you build the main application. If you do the updating
out of sequence (a>b>c>d) such as update b before you update d, you may
have to go back and force the update because the flag to update is no
longer there.

A "portupgrade -rR" won't fix what you have already broken. You have to
force it with -fr. That will take a long time and you probably can't
recover any other way because the package site only has
firefox-1.5_4,1.

For example, nspr and cairo build just fine on my system. I cvsuped and
tried it on 6-stable. It sounds like you are in that position now.

If there are a number of changes and it looks like an interface is
affected, I run "portupgrade -purR xxx". Michael will probably tell you
how to do it with portmanage. I think like portupgrade and use it.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

"Nunca te acostarás sin saber una cosa más"