Multiple server monitoring with HPs iLO ... ?

lars lars at gmx.at
Tue Dec 20 11:00:10 PST 2005

> Hmmm I just tried a bunch of my servers:
>
> G1 servers are accepting telnet, but not ssh
> G3 servers are accepting neither
>
> Connecting with telnet only gives me the status of the server (up or down)
>
> But I don't have G2 neither G4 servers perhaps it's a new feature of G4
> servers...
I couldn't say, it's our first ProLiant.
But maybe you can update your iLO to v1.80.

> Are you able to do anything with the ssh connection (see console,
> reboot, etc) or is it just to let you know the status of the server like
> it does for me in G1 ?
I could, at least according to the command suggestions.
help    : Used to get context sensitive help.
show    : Used to show values of a property or contents of a collection
target.
create  : Used to create new instances in the name space of the MAP.
delete  : Used to destroy instances in the name space of the MAP.
load    : Used to move a binary image from an URI to the MAP
Example : load -source http://188.188.188.55/images/fw/iLO170.bin
reset   : Used to cause a target to cycle from enabled to disabled and back to
           enabled.
set     : Used to set a property or set of properties to a specific value.
start   : Used to cause a target to change state to a higher run level.
stop    : Used to cause a target to change state to a lower run level.
cd      : Used to set the current default target.
exit    : Used to terminate the CLP session.
version : Used to query the version of the CLP implementation or other CLP
           elements.

HP CLI Commands:

POWER  : Control server power.
UID    : Control Unit-ID light.