Multiple server monitoring with HPs iLO ... ?

lars lars at gmx.at
Tue Dec 20 10:18:00 PST 2005

> Hi,
>
> we have a bunch of Hp servers in our server room.
>
> The ilo card (standard or upgraded) doesnt support ssh. It's a web based
> device. In fact, you don't need the advanced feature unless you want
> graphical view of your server or if you want to mounth isos in the
> virtual cdrom.

I think you are mistaken since I just logged in to one of our servers with
Putty:
User:Administrator logged-in to ilo-XXXXXXXXXX(nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn)
iLO  1.80 pass21 at 18:05:43 Jul 12 2005
Server Name: BLUEBIRD
Server Power: On

</>hpiLO->
It's a HP ProLiant DL 380 G4, see iLO Revision in the output.

And that software comes stock with the server.
Unless HP made a mistake delivering it.

We also once received the full set of redundant fans, for free :-)