unmounting USB key (sorry, lost the original title)

Thomas Linton th.linton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 07:31:12 PST 2005

I tried the same thing, but the LED stays on; my laptop IBM TP43 has
dual-boot with WinXP and under WinXP it is possible to safety remove
(turn off) the USB stick.

On my previous laptop IBM TP42 with Fedora Core 1 an eject was able to
Power Off the USB Stick (LED off).

Update from Micah is interresting:

On 5.2/5.3/5.4 I've used umount then camcontrol eject dax.  The light
always turns off for me.

HTH,
Micah