upgrade then no ports

steve lasiter slas7713 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 13:53:46 PST 2005

I have Freebsd 5.4 on all my servers. It had been a
while since the initial load so I decided to upgrade
all source code via cvsup and then ran make
buildworld, make buildkernel, make installkernel.

After all was said and done everything booted fine and
all was working well. When I went to install a new
port I noticed that all my ports were gone. All that
is in my /usr/ports/ directory are the directories
distfiles, and dns and a INDEX-5 file. I ran my
ports-supfile for all-ports and it appeared to be
installing but when it's done the /usr/ports/
directory is unchanged. When I went to install through
sysinstall evey ftp site gives me this:

Warning: Can't find the '5.4-RELEASE-p8' distribution
on this FTP server.

I still consider myself a Freebsd newbie and feel I've
probably  missed something simple but I have had no
luck searching the net or bsd site.

Thanks in advance,

Steve L