Video / Audio Capture Framework in FreeBSD ?

Roshan rbhurtha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 09:45:52 PST 2005

Hello list.
Does anyone know if there will be a Video / Audio capture framework
that will be part of FreeBSD in the next few years ?
I currently use the bktr device for image capture, but it would be
nice if there was some kind of interface that would permit me to
capture from  a broader kind of video devices. On Linux they have v4l
( video for linux ) that does exactly that, but i don't think it will
be ported to *BSD due to licensing issues. I came across bsdav in the
ports tree, but it seems to be broken. I am also curious as to what
kind of capture methods/framework other image/signal processing people
use under FreeBSD.
Thanks
Roshan.