My KDE taskbar and desktop have disappeared

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Mon Dec 19 03:17:45 PST 2005

(Doubt this first bit is relevant but it's what happened...)  This morning, I
started up my desktop with the monitors off, so it came up in 640x480 or
something useless.

I rebooted and logged into KDE and got an error message saying "Taskbar applet
cannot be started".  I logged out and logged back in.  This time it was
silent but I still have no taskbar or desktop, and Control Centre doesn't
start up.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this, or where the error is logged so I
can work out what's up?

Cheers
Ashley

PS i sent this from the wrong email in case it shows up again later