Long delay when sending mail

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 02:15:21 PST 2005

Sasa Stupar wrote:

> But is this possible also to be an imap issue since I use it to read my
> mail and also to store all outgoing mail?

IMAP is not usually involved in /sending/ e-mail.  I suggest you try turning
up the sendmail logging verbosity and see if you can correlate when the delays
occur with what sendmail is logging.  To turn up sendmail logging verbosity,
add:

   -O LogLevel=14

to the sendmail flgs in /etc/rc.conf and

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       Flat 3
                                                      7 Priory Courtyard