Passing make options to portmanager

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 18:05:29 PST 2005

On Friday 16 December 2005 16:31, Dimitris Tsamis wrote:
> I want to switch from portupgrade to portmanager, but I have a few
> questions.
>
> First of all, how do I pass make options to portmanager? (like the -m
> option  for portupgrade). I often pass selected make options to
> multimedia players to choose what formats will be supported.

Place make options in either pkgtools.conf, pm-020.conf or /etc/make.conf,
man portmanager explains how.  There isn't a way to pass make options
from portmanager's command line.

> Can someone verify that portmanager reads pkgtools.conf?

You can see for yourself, run portmanager -u -ui, it will stop
before upgrading the first port.  As it collects initial information
any make options found in either pm-020.conf or pkgtools.conf
will be shown to the right of the port name.  One caveat, you
must have ruby and portupgrade installed or portmanager will
ignore pkgtools.conf.

> Thanks for your time

welcome

-Mike