Using S/MIME with KMail

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Dec 16 14:13:49 PST 2005

FreeBSD 5.4

I have been unable to get S/MIME to work in KMail. In the configuration
section for KMail, the S/MIME section is grayed out. I have two valid
certificates that I can view using FireFox installed on this system.

I was told that I would need to install "gpgme" in order to use "gpgsm"
to get the certificates installed correctly. I am just trying to confirm
if this is correct. I really do no want to go installing a lot of
programs that I really do not need, nor know how to use.

If anyone has a better idea, I would appreciate hearing about it.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net

	It is impossible to make anything foolproof, because fools are so
	ingenious.