Adding lines to /etc/rc.conf during sysinstall wihout being "REMOVED"

Josh Endries josh at endries.org
Fri Dec 16 11:00:19 PST 2005

Erik Nørgaard wrote:
> Josh Endries wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know the correct way to add lines to rc.conf without
>> sysinstall commenting them out and prepending "REMOVED" to them,
>> during an automated install.cfg routine? Currently I have a pkg I
>> made that adds stuff like ntp.conf and rc.conf, but all the lines in
>> my custom rc.conf are removed after the script finishes.
>>
> could you post your install.cfg?

Here is my install.cfg:

debug=YES
#nonInteractive=YES
#noWarn=YES

disk=ad0
partition=all
bootManager=standard
diskPartitionEditor
#diskPartitionWrite

ad0s1-2=swap 4194304 none
ad0s1-1=ufs 524288 /
ad0s1-3=ufs 19531250 /home 1
ad0s1-4=ufs 2097152 /tmp 1
ad0s1-5=ufs 19531250 /usr 1
ad0s1-6=ufs 0 /var 1
diskLabelEditor
diskLabelCommit

hostname=test
netDev=vr0
nfs=192.168.0.3:/var/export/6.0-RELEASE/
tryDHCP=YES
mediaSetNFS

#nameserver=192.168.0.7

dists=base
distSetCustom

installCommit

package=portupgrade
packageAdd
package=sudo
packageAdd
package=stunnel
packageAdd
package=syslog-ng
packageAdd

command=cp /dist/pkgtools.conf /usr/local/etc
system
command=sed -i '' 's/md5/blf/' /etc/login.conf
system
command=cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf
system
command=pkg_add /dist/packages/All/my_base.tgz
system

shutdown

This is the plist for my_base.tgz (warning, it's my first package
attempt :)):

@name my_base
@cwd /etc
@srcdir /tmp/my_base
ntp.conf
rc.conf
@cwd /usr/local
@srcdir /tmp/my_base
etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf
etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf
@exec ln /usr/local/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng.sh.sample
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng.sh

/tmp/my_base/etc/rc.conf:

sshd_enable="YES"
sshd_flags="-p 2222"
ntpd_enable="YES"
stunnel_enable="YES"
syslogd_enable="NO"

After sysinstall's "shutdown" and reboot, it comments out these
lines (using "#REMOVED: %s"). Converting them to something like this
in install.cfg didn't help, regardless of quotes:

command=echo sshd_enable="YES" >> /etc/rc.conf
system

Thanks,
Josh