Applying short cable fix (reg=ee)

Thiago Esteves thiago_est at yahoo.com.br
Fri Dec 16 06:15:24 PST 2005

Hi, I'm from Brazil. My ethernet interface is a "sis".  During boot  it sends the message:

               sis0: Applying short cable fix (reg=ee)

  What's it ?   Help me !

  The sis(4) driver supports Silicon Integrated Systems SiS 900 and SiS 7016 based Fast Ethernet adapters and embedded controllers, as well as Fast Ethernet adapters based on the National Semiconductor DP83815 (MacPhyter) chip. Supported adapters include:

     @Nifty FNECHARD IFC USUP-TX

     MELCO LGY-PCI-TXC

     Netgear FA311-TX (DP83815)

     Netgear FA312-TX (DP83815)

     SiS 630, 635, and 735 motherboard chipsets