Problem installing devel/pear

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Fri Dec 16 05:47:46 PST 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 02:29:06PM +1300, Tom Munro Glass wrote:

It seems nobody else has this problem and nobody else cares.

> be any mention of a solution there yet. Have you managed to fix the problem
> on your machines yet?

Sorry, I've no solution so far. I get devel/pear installed with brute force, when
I install it before php4-extensions:

# pkg_delete php4-* pecl-* pear-*
# portinstall lang/php4
# portinstall devel/pear
# cd /usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions
# make rmconfig
# portinstall lang/php4-extensions

But this does not really help, because as soon as I start to install
other pear-ports (pear-File_Passwd, pear-Auth...), I get:

===> Installing tests in /usr/local/share/pear/tests/File_Passwd.
install ok: channel://pear.php.net/File_Passwd-1.1.5
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
*** Error code 139

I've wasted several hours now, I give up. :-(

Uwe