pam_mysql problem

Scott Smith scott at lackluster.net
Fri Dec 16 03:47:39 PST 2005

Hi, I have an issue when using pam_mysql. I'm using it with ssh and it
is unable to find the library after a reboot. After my machine reboots,
I have to manually restart sshd in order for it to find the library.
This leads me to believe it's related to when ldconfig is run, but I'm
pretty stumped and can't figure out exactly what needs to be done to fix it.

I initially had an entry for the library in my pam config as
"pam_mysql.so" which didn't work, so I tried copying it to /usr/lib.
That didn't work, so I tried using the full path to pam_mysql.so. This
still isn't working. Here is part of my pam config and a syslog entry:

/etc/pam.d/sshd:
auth        sufficient  /usr/local/lib/pam_mysql.so
config_file=/usr/local/etc/pam-unix.conf

Dec 16 06:29:07 tinker sshd[1008]: in openpam_load_module(): no
/usr/local/lib/pam_mysql.so found

So does anyone have some suggestions as to why this is happening? I
found something from 2003 about it but the guy asked for an offline
response :(

Thanks,
Scott

scott at lackluster.net