Patching a port

Ian Moore no-spam at swiftdsl.com.au
Thu Dec 15 22:57:47 PST 2005

Hi,
I'm having some trouble with the www/sarg port. The writer has sent me a
couple of .patch files to apply and I'm wondering if there's some way to
apply those patches and still use the ports system to build & install the
port.
I know the source code installs stuff in places that aren't the standard FBSD
locations - I assume they are the norm for Linux. The port fixes that and
puts stuff where we expect it to be.
It would make life easier if I could apply the patches and then build the port
in the normal way so everything ends up in the same place & I won't have
stuff left over when I update next time.

Cheers,
--
Ian
gpg key: http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~imoore/no-spam.asc