dvdrecord?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Dec 15 08:40:07 PST 2005

On 2005-12-15 17:11, Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at tensor.3miasto.net> wrote:
> >>used it for recording DVD-R?
> >>
> >>or maybe other tool? (but not growisofs that works good with DVD+R only)
> >
> >Note that I haven't recorded any DVD's yet, but:
> >
> > - Is burncd(8) not good enough?
>
> yes
>
> > - If not, why?
>
> because it burns only CDs not DVDs, at least as Soren stated.

I may be very wrong, but the manpage in CURRENT (and 6.0-RELEASE) says,
among other things:

     dvdrw         Set the write mode to write a DVD+RW from the following
                   image.  DVDs only have one track.

I'll have to test it and see how things work.  A friend whom I asked
just a few minutes ago says that he's only ever used growisofs for
recording DVDs.