next question: dvd-burner.

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Wed Dec 14 11:14:04 PST 2005

Gary Kline wrote:
> 	I'm adding a DVD burner to my planned new platform.
> 	Since this is new technology, how careful do I have to
> 	be?  In other words, does FreeBSD support most burners?
> 	Looks like the DVD/CDRW burner is a NEC...  I'll 2-check.
>
> 	thanks in advance,
>
> 	gary

So far I've had good luck with both DVD burners I've tried in FreeBSD.
One was an old Sony DRU500A and the latest one that I have in two
FreeBSD machines now is:

acd0: DVDR <LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1693S/KS04> at ata1-slave PIO4

The Sony finally died a few months ago after being in use since 2002. I
replaced it with the LITE-ON and it has been working great.

-Mark

--
GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc

Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com
Rock 101.9 The Edge (Rock) - http://www.rock1019.net

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)