When using make install for php5 it fails

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Dec 14 00:46:59 PST 2005

Björn König wrote:

> Jose Borquez schrieb:
>
>> When attempting to install php5 from ports it attempts to download,
>> but I get the following errors:
>>
>> Attempting to fetch from
>> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
>> fetch:
>> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/php-5.1.1.tar.bz2:
>> File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> [...]
>

> Is this the complete output? Have you set MASTER_SITES somewhere, e.g.
> in /etc/make.conf? If so, remove it.
>
> A workaround would be to download the file manually and place it in
> ports/distfiles. After you have done this, use the port again to
> install it.
>
> Björn

And we should also be asking, *why* is it failing?

The tarball really doesn't seem to exist on ftp.freebsd.org.
Strange that the Makefile would assume it does --- and,
furthermore, ale@ announced on the 10th of this month
that he was bumping the port up to 5.1.1 ...

The O.P. might want to ask on the ports@ list about
this one.  Or, better yet, if he can afford to wait: try
again in 24 hours or so, and *then* write to ports at ....

Kevin Kinsey

--
[Crash programs] fail because they are based on the theory that,
with nine women pregnant, you can get a baby a month.