courier-authlib-0.58 dumps core at login

Louis J. LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Tue Dec 13 09:07:49 PST 2005

On Tue, December 13, 2005 11:44 am, Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 10:17:16PM -0500, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
>
>> On 12/11/05 09:44 PM, Louis LeBlanc sat at the `puter and typed: These
>> passwords do match, but the debug log shows a rejection.
>
> I use MySql for users and recently noted that if maildir, uid and/or gid
> is not set properly the auth failed (even tho passwords matched).
>
> Not sure if this applies to authpamd.

I wouldn't think so.  My maildirs all have the correct ownership -
although they are generally not group readable/writeable.  Typical
~/.Maildir ownership is as follows:
drwx------  48 leblanc  leblanc    1536 Dec 13 08:50 .Maildir/
The folder directories in ~/.Maildir are the same:
drwx------   3 leblanc  leblanc  12288 Dec 13 09:51 cur/
drwx------   2 leblanc  leblanc    512 Dec 13 08:46 new/
drwx------   2 leblanc  leblanc    512 Dec 13 11:50 tmp/

There are, however, a couple files and a directory that are slightly less
strict in their permissions - all courier specific files.

Was that new behavior with 0.58?
Your authdaemond didn't dump core in your experience, did it?

Lou
Louis LeBlanc                 FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :þ
http://www.keyslapper.net                       Ô¿Ô¬