Help reqd: Configuring sppp

rashmi ns nsrashmi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 04:22:00 PST 2005

Hi,

I am facing problem in using sppp.

Both local system amd remote systems are using the sppp.

My questions are

1.Can we use sppp as PPP server?
2.If answer to first question is yes ,how can I do that?

I tried out the following commands.

$ifconfig  hdlc0 up

<hdlc0 is the PPP interace created after sppp_attach>

After this command interface is sending  LCP-CONF-REQUEST.
Also getting the LCP-CONF-ACK from the remote system.

Sending and receiving of REQ and ACK is going on ,but after getting
ACK sppp is not sending next phase (IPCP) packet to remote system.

Pls  help me in fixing this.Pls let me know any pointers regarding this.

Regards,
Rashmi