How to configue ssmtp for authentication?

Bob Lee bob at bobleeit.net
Mon Dec 12 14:35:37 PST 2005

Quoting Jin Guojun [VFFS] <jinmtb at sbcglobal.net>:
> Try to use send-pr but cannot get ssmtp to work with DSL ISP mail server,
> because ISP mail server requires password for authentication.
>
> I could not find information on how to configure SSMTP to pass password
> to the ISP mail server.
> Can someone tell me if SSMTP is possible to accomplish such task? or I need
> to use some other mail programs.

I remember somewhere that you could use the following:
AuthUser=
AuthPass=
I don't think this covered in the man page and I am afraid I can't
remember where I got it from. I don't think this will work with ssl,
but if all they need is a uid and pw, it just might. Put this in the
conf file.

Good luck,

Bob
--