FreeBSD router two DSL connections

Yance Kowara yance_kowara at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 00:05:19 PST 2005

Ted,

Thanks for the advice.

A friend of mine has just acquired an Internet Cafe.
The previous owner connected the lan to 2 different
ADSL (two different ISPs) one is a back up he said.

So, two ADSL routers with half the Lan connected to
one router and another half to the other router.

I am just thingking of a way to optimise the
connection and came accross Steven's article. I
thought I could do something similar with *BSD + pf.

There is such thing as Dual Wan ADSL router:
http://www.infosmart.com.tw/p-ndr3024.htm

However, they are quite pricey compare to setting up a
*BSD box (using old readily available hardware).

So, if this load balancing idea does not work, any
other thing I can do to optimise two DSLs?

I also came accross this (linux way):
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

Is this worth trying?

Kind regards,