Freebsd Theme Song

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Sat Dec 10 21:35:59 PST 2005

Hope this saves somebody a few keystrokes:

***** VI *****

#!/bin/sh

# "themesong" ... enables you to quickly create a singable
# ode to your favorite FreeBSD pet peeve.  Add it, along with
# mail(1) to your crontab to really annoy list members.
#
#  License: BSD, of course.  Additions welcome, provided
#  the meet with the goals of the Project.

if [ $OSTYPE != "FreeBSD" ]; then
   echo "Wrong O.S. --- Gritch on your own project/distro's list!
"
   exit 1
fi

case $1 in
   -c)
   cat "/COPYRIGHT"
   exit 0;;
   -C)
   cat "/COPYRIGHT"
   exit 0;;

# let the GNU people gritch too; but they won't like this part....
   --copyright)
   cat "/COPYRIGHT"
   exit 0;;
esac

if [ "$1" ]; then

echo "
              **** THE BIKESHED SONG ****

             sung to 'You are my Sunshine'
        and humbly submitted as a candidate in the
  soon-to-be-announced FreeBSD Theme Song Contest
       (but definitely not in any code competitions...)

'$1' is my bikeshed, my only bikeshed

'$1' makes me happy to gritch and moan;

You'll never know, friend, how much I loathe '$1'

Won't you please leave my '$1' alone!?
"

else

echo "
Usage:  themesong foo
                   ---where 'foo' is a description of your pet peeve
with this O.S., e.g. 'themesong networking'
"
fi

:D

Kevin Kinsey