Flash no longer displayed in Firefox

Beecher Rintoul akbeech at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 15:21:44 PST 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 07:10 am, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 06:36:28 -0800
>
> "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good information!  To automate this with portmanager you can add
> > the following two lines to pm-020.conf:
> >
> > #below must be on one line
> > STOP|/www/linuxpluginwrapper rm
> > STOP|-R /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins && ln
> > -s /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_linux_plugins|
>
> YEAH, the information is good, except for the symlinked browser_plugins.
> You should not do this. That is, when I'd done this this week, mozilla
> wouldn't start anymore. Error 76 on X. It stook me quite some time to
> find out that the symlinked plugins dir was to blame. I removed the
> browser_linux_plugins and mozilla worked again. All plugins just are in
> browser_plugins. Having a REAL browser_linux_plugin dir does not harm
> the system.

I'm running Firefox and don't have Mozilla on any of my boxes. The idea for
the symlink was so plugins would install in the proper directory and save
several steps in having to move them. Seems the proper thing would be to just
remove the symlink after installing pluginwrapper. In a perfect world that
port would just be patched to do the right install (including paths), but
that is beyond my programming abilities.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech at gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://akparadise.byethost33.com