Freebsd Theme Song

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat Dec 10 13:03:23 PST 2005

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> The thing you have to remember about Denial is that the ONLY THING he
> cares about in an OS is how fast it can route network packets.  The
> major improvements in other areas of FreeBSD are of absolutely no
> interest to him, therefore the whole thing is a waste of time.

Huh. But I found 5.x vastly annoying in all sorts of little ways when
4.x seemed to Just Work. I realise this is entirely subjective, but it
was noticeable.

> But anyway, FreeBSD 6.0 is hugely superior to 5.4 and 4.11 in
> filesystem performance.  I have been measuring this carefully for the
> past couple of months and hope to have the paper out soon.

And wifi? Considering mine's the household server and I want to make it
all wifi to get rid of the damn cat5 everywhere, I really should get to
it ;-)

- d.