apache13 to 22

Mike Hernandez sequethin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 06:23:59 PST 2005

On  Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 04:34:23PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> * On 09/12/05 11:13 +0200, Perttu Laine wrote:
> > And how about upgrading of apache itself. I can't just remove apache13 cause
> > lots of proggies are depending on it. So how I do procedure of upgrading it?
>
> There is no clear-cut upgrade procedure, but it's doable, I think, but on
> the same machine, you really have to schedule a downtime and let your
> users know that you will be upgrading and the downtime will be about
> NN minutes long.
>
> You'll really need to deinstall apache13, then install apache22 and
> reinstall mod_php5. This is where the downtime comes in.

I'm messing with apache on my home computer, and with apache13 I was
able to use mod_ruby. mod_ruby doesn't seem to like apache22 though =/
Is it even possible to use mod_ruby with apache 2? I was going to start
a new thread but it's related to this so I figured I'd just add to this one.

Thanks

Mike