MySQL "forgot" some of my data!

Joao Barros joao.barros at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 15:29:42 PST 2005

On 12/8/05, daniel <danstemporaryaccount at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Our company has a few very large databases (>9gb) which required a shut down,

>   mysql> SELECT * FROM campaigns LIMIT 0;
>   ERROR 1017 at line 1: Can't find file: 'campaigns.MYI' (errno: 2)
Was that using MyISAM or InnoDB ?

> So my questions to you, deal list are:
>
>   1. Should mysqladmin shutdown take this long?
>     a. Is this normal even with a load of 0.00?

I'd say no.... on a Power5 with 8ish cpus and a load of 15 on a 34GB
database I could stop it almost instantly using normal shutdown
procedure.

>   2. Is this the best way to shut down a database of this size?

Is there a different way per size? Guess not ;)

>   3. What is most likely to be the cause of the data loss?
Were you using MyISAM of InnoDB? I had this issue after a restart with
the only table using MyISAM.

--
Joao Barros