installation

Gayn Winters gaynw at bristolsystems.com
Wed Dec 7 21:09:50 PST 2005

FreeBSD won't "detect" GRUB, but you can have FreeBSD not touch the MBR
during the install so that you are on your own to configure your
favorite boot loader after (or before for that matter) installing
FreeBSD.

To configure swap space, read man swapon/off/cfg in
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=swapon&sektion=8&apropos=0&manp
ath=FreeBSD+6.0-RELEASE+and+Ports.

You can get the FreeBSD installer to partition your hard drive, but
given you have two other OS's on your hard drive, I'd recommend that you
use an FDISK-like utility before you install FreeBSD so that you are
happy with your (DOS)partitions first.  It is easy to select the
appropriate (DOS) partition for FreeBSD during the install.

I strongly recommend reading about installations, slices, and (BSD)
partitions in the FreeBSD Handbook
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html.

Welcome to FreeBSD,

-gayn