Ports problem with openssl-0.9.x

Donald T Hayford dhayford6983 at wowway.com
Tue Dec 6 21:36:46 PST 2005

   Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 10:03:09PM -0500, Donald T Hayford wrote:

   Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 07:26:37PM -0500, Donald T Hayford wrote:

When trying to upgrade my ports I get the following message:

openssl-stable-0.9.7i conflicts with installed package(s):
     openssl-beta-0.9.8a

Several ports (like openoffice.org-2xxx) require the beta version, while
kde and its minions are looking for the 0.9.7i version.  Is there any
simple way to resolve this conflict?

kde no longer looks for the old version because of other
inconsistencies that resulted.

Kris

   Here is the bottom of the output for my attempt to build
   kdeutils-3.4.2 using portupgrade.
   ===>  Installing for openssl-stable-0.9.7i

I believe you, but update your ports.

Kris

   I did have a problem with my ports that I don't fully understand, but
   .. oh well.
   I updated ports today and yesterday hoping to get rid of the problem.
   Apparently when I installed the openoffice.org-2 package
   OOo_2.0m142_FreeBSD60Intel_install_en-US.tbz, I slipped in a
   dependency on the beta version of openssl instead of the stable
   version called for.  Don't know how.
   I fixed the problem by deinstalling the openssl-beta version,
   installing the openssl-stable version, and then running pkgdb -F to
   fix the incorrect dependencies that I generated.
   Thanks much for your help.
   Don