delete key in X

Shane Helms jovial_man at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 14:39:35 PST 2005

Hi,

I have my delete key sorted in console through use of
inputrc file - i'm using bash shell.
in X however it has a very undesirable behavior...
in terminals it behaves just like my backspace key -
i.e. it deletes the char to the left of the cursor.
i like it to delete the character to the right of the
cursor.
what should I do??

the only *effective* solution that I found in list
archives was to set Delete to behave as Ctrl+D which
is definitely not the right thing to do...

I'd appreciate a help for this newbie freebsd user.
Please reply to my email address as i'm not on the
list.
Thanks,
Shane