firefox buid error..

Chris Whitehouse chris at childeric.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 13:32:36 PST 2005

kalin mintchev wrote:
>  hi all...
>
> trying to build firefox firefox-1.5 from ports.
> machine: 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #0: Mon Aug 15 20:16:14 EDT 2005
> upgraded www ports last night and today. mozilla port was updated today
> agian. port build stops at the same place. pkg_add -r brings down 1.0.3. i
> had 1.0.6...  anybody knows where to get the working one?
> thanks...

Don't know about the build problem but if you want the latest packages
set PACKAGESITE in make.conf

eg from memory (on another machine I don't have access to)

PACKAGESITE=ftp://ftp.uk.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-6-stable/Latest/
I can't remember if you need the / on the end, it either works with but
not without or vice versa

This works in 6, I presume it works in 5.4. It's mentioned in pkg_add(1)

Chris