kernel panic because I pulled a floppy?

Martin Tournoy carpetsmoker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 06:26:45 PST 2005

It happens, I've experienced quite some problems with floppy's and
FreeBSD 5.4 and 6.0

anyway, if you mount a floppy, pull it out and unmount it the kernel
might panic, if the floppy if reading writing and you pull it out the
kernel might panic, if you mount a floppy which is damaged or has a
damaged filesystem the kernel might panic

I think i've only seen FreeBSD crach about six times in the year I'm
using it, all of those were with floppy problems...

My advice:
Save all your work before you do anything with a floppy
Don't do anything with a floppy on critical machines
Think before you act when working with a floppy

It sucks, I know, I always use a windows machine when I need to write
or read something on a floppy.
Using windows instead of freebsd because it's better at something. . .
. . . . scary. . .