spontaneous reboots

Rob europa100 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 5 07:32:59 PST 2005

Hi,

I am experiencing occasionally spontaneous reboots.  They seem to occur when I am using Xorg and Mozilla.  However, the last time it happened I exited Mozilla, started Gnumeric, then when I tried to exit Gnumeric Xorg locked up and the machine rebooted.

I couldn't find any messages in the logs relating to this.  I have noticed, however, that Mozilla creates zombie processes.  Even in Windows I have that problem with Mozilla.  Maybe I need to find another WWW browser, but some of the others are based on Mozilla.

How should I go about debugging the problem?

Sincerely,

Rob Lytle