Bootloader Freezes with timer. Ok if press enter

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Sun Dec 4 20:49:30 PST 2005

My first 6.0 machine destined for production (not to worry.. will test
thoroughly before it goes live ;-) and it freezes on the initial boot
screen.

If I press enter right away upon the boot menu appearing the machine boots
fine. However, if I let the countdown start it freezes when there are
either 8 or 7 seconds remaining (every single time).

Any suggestions?

This was after making the machine stable as of 12-4.
Not sure if the problem existed from 6.0 Release on this machine
since I usually press enter on the boot menu right away.