releng for 6

Mario Hoerich lists at MHoerich.de
Sun Dec 4 08:56:50 PST 2005

# eoghan:
> Im going to upgrade to 6, I was wondering if someone could tell me
> the RELENG for 6, for my supfile?
> Should it be tag=RELENG_6_0?

Either RELENG_6_0 or RELENG_6.

RELENG_6_0 tracks 6.0.x, i.e. 6.0 + critical fixes.  This is the
least risky update path, but you'll have to switch to RELENG_6_1
or higher _manually_ (once they're available).

RELENG_6 tracks 6.x (the 6-STABLE branch).  You'll automagically
cvsup new releases once they're ready, but there's a slighly
higher risk involved.  Yes, the branch is supposed to be stable
(and in my experience it usually is) but you might run out of
luck.

Personally, I'd use RELENG_6_0 for a production server and
RELENG_6 for everything else.  But that's up to you, really.

Regards,
Mario