Problem with amavisd-new after upgrade to 2.3.3

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Sat Dec 3 19:50:58 PST 2005

Upgrade a lot of packages today all from recent versions including to
Perl-5.8.7, SpamAssassin 3.1, amavisd-new 2.3.3 and postfix 2.2.6.
Having problem starting amavisd-new with this error:

esmtp# /etc/rc.d/amavisd start
ps: kvm_getprocs: No such process
Starting amavisd.
Insecure dependency in `` while running with -T switch at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Net/Server/Daemonize.pm line 67.

If I remove the '-T' from /usr/local/sbin/amavisd, then all starts but
then services start failing with errors showing up as below until I kill
Postfix and restart:

Dec  3 22:49:04 esmtp postfix/postsuper[39195]: fatal: scan_dir_push:
open directory defer: Too many open files in system

Looks like amavisd.conf file has changed a lot from my previous one
running under 2.2.x and the newly installed default file. The clamav is
not even listed in the file, so I assume there is some config that needs
done. I looked in /usr/ports/UPDATING and did not find any notes, can
someone let me know what needs to be done or why this problem may be
happening.

--
Robert