Trouble upgrading ports collection

edward kouye at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 3 14:04:11 PST 2005

Michael C. Shultz wrote:

> It does help, the linux-sun-jdk14 port is flagging its self as ignore because
> you don't have J2SE SDK in distfiles.  You'll have to build
> java/linux-sun-jdk14 manually and jump through the Sun hoops to get the
> distfiles, just follow the instructions that pop up when you make it.
>
> In this status report it looks like the kde ports updated successfully, so
> your just down to the java port correct? (java/linux-sun-jdk14)
>
> The compat3x-i386-5.0.20020925 missing can be ignored, one of the java
> build dependencies must have this listed as a dependency but java is
> a weird animal, it's build dependencies can be missing and it will still build
> so I would just ignore that for now.
>
> -Mike

I did the following :
cd /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14
make install

I was then instructed to download j2sdk-1_4_2_10-linux-i586.bin from
http://javashoplm.sun.com

Placed the file in /usr/ports/distfiles

Ran make install again

I was instructed to remove the previous version of j2sdk and install the
new version via a make deinstall / make reinstall sequence

All of my ports are now up to date and everything seems to work fine.
Thanks Mike, I owe you one :-)
Edward