eBay is recomending MS-IE-6 for better service UNDERFreeBSD-5.4?????

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Dec 2 22:19:44 PST 2005

Uh, no:

C:\Documents and Settings\tedm>netstat /all

Displays protocol statistics and current TCP/IP network connections.

NETSTAT [-a] [-e] [-n] [-s] [-p proto] [-r] [interval]

  -a            Displays all connections and listening ports.
  -e            Displays Ethernet statistics. This may be combined with
the -s
                option.
  -n            Displays addresses and port numbers in numerical form.
  -p proto      Shows connections for the protocol specified by proto;
proto
                may be TCP or UDP.  If used with the -s option to display
                per-protocol statistics, proto may be TCP, UDP, or IP.
  -r            Displays the routing table.
  -s            Displays per-protocol statistics.  By default, statistics
are
                shown for TCP, UDP and IP; the -p option may be used to
specify
                a subset of the default.
  interval      Redisplays selected statistics, pausing interval seconds
                between each display.  Press CTRL+C to stop redisplaying
                statistics.  If omitted, netstat will print the current
                configuration information once.

C:\Documents and Settings\tedm>

Libby, don't forget that the command-line TCP/IP programs that are under
Windows
are all ports of the BSD versions, and I believe the usual thing on those
ports was
to call switchchar and set the char to -.

Some of the older Microsoft C developers workbenches even still had the
BSD
copyrights in the include files that were supplied by Microsoft.
Somewhere around
here I have an e- mail that documentss exactly what versions.

Ted