Something like Breeze for freebsd

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Fri Dec 2 12:02:32 PST 2005

Hi

I have recently been taking a look at Macromedia's Breeze product and it seems
to me a shame there is not an open source product that has the ability to
lever flash interactive applications to provide an open source environment
for delivering similar functionality. It seems that the Breeze "server"
provides a back door channel for marketing of microsofts sql server and the
majority of the remaining functionality could be delivered via an apache
module.

In view of the enormous benefits that Macromedia have gained from having their
major product flash generously supported by the open sourtce community. I
really feel the way they have structured their Breeze product line is a slap
in the face to everyone who has worked to make flash adoptable by the open
source community.

I just wonder if anyone on this list has taken a look at the Breeze product
range. I would dearly love to see an open source answer to Macromedia's
"Breeze server" and its tool set.

Its sole reliance on sql and its failure to provide a mysql/postgres interface
could pehaps be offset by one of the tools that convert sql calls to mysql. I
have no idea about how the remainder of the tool set could be replicated.

david
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.