newbie

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 1 14:30:32 PST 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 03:54:46PM -0600, Douglass, Erik wrote:
> After being an Windows/Cisco IT professional for the past 7 years, I
> have decided to make the plunge over to FreeBSD on my own time.  I have
> it installed, and it is quite overwhelming.  If anyone has any
> recommendations/tips or books for acquainting one's self with FreeBSD
> with no *nix experience I would greatly appreciate them.

It's easiest to start with the stuff that comes with it:
the FreeBSD Handbook.

It should be installed in /usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

For a beginner, I would especially reccommend chapters 3, 11 and 13.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt