enabling audio cd sound in emu10kx driver

Porpoise Power porpoisepower at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 10:27:09 PST 2005

On stardate Mon, 28 Nov 2005, the wise Lowell Gilbert entered:

>> My dmesg says:
>>
>> pcm0: <Creative Audigy 2 (EMU10K2)> port 0xee80-0xeebf irq 21 at device 4.0 on pci6
>> pcm0: <SigmaTel STAC9721/23 AC97 Codec>
>>
>> Does this mean it has a "SigmaTel" chip? The user manual only speaks of an
>> audigy2 chip.
>I don't understand.  Those messages certainly seem to be *recognizing*
>the device.

SigmaTel's STA97xx's chips are designed to implement their AC97 codecs,
likely your card is using the chip for this purpose.  The EMU10Kx chips
are mostly for wav processing.  AC97 is an analog  codecs, and wav
processing is digital.

hope this helps

Jimi