firefox-1.0.6_5,1 upgrade fails

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Thu Dec 1 06:57:24 PST 2005

web at 3dresearch.com writes:

> At 09:30 AM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
> >web at 3dresearch.com writes:

> > > OK... Should I just deinstall/reinstall?
> >
> >I'm not sure.
> >Do you have an include path (e.g., C_INCLUDE_PATH) set in your environment?
>
> How do I set that? This is the environment I have when portupgrading with sudo:

No, the idea was that you *don't* want to have it set.  Which you
don't.  I don't think any of the other variables you listed would be
relevant, but to get a complete clean environment, you could use
"env -i" or even "su -".

I'm sorry, but I don't appear to be helping much here.  And I am now
using (and rebuilding the *latest* updates to) Firefox 1.5, so I can't
easily look at the file versions from your ports tree.

The only suggestions I can really offer are (1) to update your ports
tree and try the latest versions, including updating the dependencies
first, and (2) to remove the Kerberos ports if you don't need them.