Update: Setting up VLAN interfaces with Cisco gear... getting traffic on broadcast only...

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Thu Dec 1 06:19:00 PST 2005

Brian J. McGovern wrote:
> I hate to add to my own issue.
>
> I did some more playing and VLANs != 1 seem to work ok (typically in the
> 100-150 range). However, operating on VLAN 1 still seems to be an issue.

VLAN 1 is the default VLAN on Cisco gear. IIRC, all ports are
members of VLAN 1 until you specify otherwise. I don't know if that
really explains the symptoms you're seeing, but setting VLAN = 1 for
a port seems like asking for confusion.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348