Diskless on FreeBSD 5.4-stable
jumbler.chi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 08:54:21 GMT 2005
Anyone install and configure successfully on FreeBSD 5.x ?!
I referenced the handbook of FreeBSD
then my installation step as:
1. clone whole system via 'clone_root' script. (
2. install isc-dhcp3-server port , and configure the dhcpd.conf
3. setup TFTP service and NFS service both.
4. get etherboot Image file via following web site, and 'dd' this
image to floppy disk.
( since the remote machine's network card isn't Intel , is VIA-Rhine
VT3043 . so it can't boot via PXE. )
5. Finally, I booted the remote machine via this floppy . then I saw
nothing in remote machine. why ?!
Did I miss something else ?! if the network has another dhcp server ,
whether it will impact ?!
BTW, I re-configure the etherboot image with
it still can't work .
More information about the freebsd-questions